Monday, June 09, 2008

Medium Rare


That last note was not a particular endorsement of the V+ personal video recorder, it was a response to the Sky+ advertising hype that specifically uses celebrity endorsement of a product to imply that there is nothing better.

Under the terms of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Act 2008, I should point out that I have never worked for Virgin Media and have no commercial arrangement with them. Neither with Sky. But we got one set up for my parents, and the other for the in-laws. But now that they time-shift their viewing, I can no longer use my psychic powers to predict what time they will call us at home.

Incidentally the professional psychics failed to predict some consequences of the same legislation - apparently honest spiritualists could be targeted - there's a joke there somewhere.

No comments: