Sunday, August 05, 2007

Nylon



There were a lot of words yesterday, at least according to my own artificial target. Time for a picture. But I'll maintain my principles, only a picture where it is an original creation.

A friend from New York came to visit us in London recently. I know the two cities well, having lived for extended periods of time in both, so I drew up a little map that would help to orientate someone who knows one city but not the other.

There have been plenty of articles written in plenty of magazines comparing the two cities. But they tend to concentrate on the central tourist areas rather than the suburbs where most people actually live, and so far as I know nothing has been presented in quite this manner.

There is a remarkable coincidence in the geographical juxtaposition of corresponding demographic localities. Or to put it another way, if you turn one city on its side then you get the other one, as simple as that.




6 comments:

Ann Cardus said...

You need to copyright this because before you know it somebody will snap this up and call it their own...

Faisal said...

Is this an example of thinking laterally? Or is it strictly rotational thinking? Or merely twisted?

Rana said...

I don't expect to sell the idea for money, I'd like to, it would be nice if the thing were to be printed somewhere prominent ... I'm just a fame junky!

And you know my brain is twisted :)

v!sh said...

You're Pluto RNB - a genius pluto.
Let's sell this

Amelia said...

LOVE this! Thank you so much for linking to the post on my blog, brilliant!
http://ameliatorode.typepad.com/life_moves_pretty_fast/2007/11/nyc-minus-manha.html

Anonymous said...

Pure genius!