Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another Knight's Tale

A couple of days ago I mentioned a splendid film. Apart from the great soundtrack, there was something else that ties that movie to this blog...

Totally unjustified in real history but somehow perfectly fit within that fictional story was the character of Geoffrey Chaucer. I had mentioned him before in my first note about language. And that was not even the first time that I mentioned A Knight's Tale...

Back one March many years ago, I went on a little day trip to Canterbury with a couple of friends from school days. At the time I was employed by a large management consultancy company, but I was contemplating an offer from a senior client to leave the corporation and do some independent consulting work.

A few days later I handed in my resignation letter to the company. This was the letter.

2 comments:

Faisal said...

We really have to stop meeting like that! Remember how rainy Goodwood Festival of Speed was? I think we did that in the same week.

Canterbury, Goodwood, Rana (place, not person). I wonder if you will write about our trip to Amsterdam.

Rana said...

What goes on in Amsterdam stays in Amsterdam ;)