Monday, February 11, 2008

Another paradox?

I don't really encourage debate here. I want to make you consider a different point of view, but do not want to have a serious argument.

So I never tend to end posts with a question along the lines of "what do you think?"

But the main reason that I don't end my notes with a question is only the same reason that the following of a link is always optional and not the reason for the post. That is, however short, every post should be an independent cohesive article in itself, it should not need either an internal diversion or an external answer to make it complete.

So each post should be self-sufficient without a comment. However, not only would I like more people to read this, but I also genuinely want to get your comments. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Ann Cardus said...

So what are you going to do about it?

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way but I also love getting comments on my blog. It makes me feel like my writing is reaching someone and making a small bit of difference.

The best way to get comments is to write interesting, informative posts on topics that people feel strongly about or that relates to their lives in some way. Think about what types of posts you feel compelled to comment on at other blogs.

The second thing is that you really need a base of 50 to 100 or so regular readers to consistently get comments. The best way to do that is to make connections with other blogs, by joining blogrolls and by commenting on other people's blogs. The reason I stroll over here once in a while is because you comment on my blog fairly frequently and every once in a while I think to check it out here.