Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Souper Bowl


The last couple of notes, by the standards of this blog, were both fairly long and serious economic pieces. Today a quick sporting diversion.

Generally I think that balls should be round. However this weekend there was a fairly significant match involving an oval ball.

I live and work in a new england town. And although not especially fervent, to some extent I am a patriot. Our team has been arguably the best in the world within the last few years. According to all pre-match predictions, we should have won comfortably. But the opposition were giants. They were looking doomed at the interval but fought back brilliantly. When the final score was touched down after the long play it was thoroughly deserved, despite the wails from the locals around here. Well done to the underdogs. You merited the win and I was delighted with the result.

Anyone who thinks I am talking about "American" Football is on the wrong continent.

No comments: