Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's elementary my dear wilson

A few days ago I mentioned the fictional detective disguised as a TV doctor. And around the same time I also described my work. And I regularly refer to the power of spirituality.

When there is a problem at work, whenever you need to figure something out, when there is no obvious answer, there is really only one way to get to the bottom of it. That way is the scientific method.

Even if the whole issue appears unsolvable, you need to break it down into smaller components. You cannot always replicate history to fully prove every theory against every scenario. But if you have a hypothesis that could explain the result, it is only worth anything if it can be replicated or tested. The problem must be reduced to common sense.

Professional scientists might grumble about the broadness of my definitions. And I'm only talking about how to resolve the daily questions of "my report shows 250 units, I was expecting 200" rather than the direction for evolution of the human race.

Or am I?

1 comment:

Faisal said...

Nah, just think outside the box.