Thursday, June 28, 2007

In the beginning

This might look like my first note here, but I have had this account here since 2004. I even wrote and published my first personal web page more than ten years ago.

More recently I started writing occasional notes to Myspace but I'm not currently planning to port them to here. I guess that will remain as a permanent record of my worldview as it was during a few months of early 2007, in the same way that somewhere in web archives is a permanent record of my worldview as it was during a few months of early 1997.

But I'm not going back there. I've lost my original handwritten page, and Myspace is an ugly, noisy, bug-ridden cluttered mess. I did my best to keep my page simple and clean, but the general environment still looks like a space for teenagers. It's sad that facebook is gradually going the same way, but once again my page hopes to stay as an oasis of calm.

So no poncy add-in applications here - to reuse a friend's phrase, I guess that I'm just a simple usability bitch.

No comments: